The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was DeMarco/Molina

+3
Soonermark890
koolkc107
flapanther2001
7 posters

Go down

Was DeMarco/Molina  Empty Was DeMarco/Molina

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Stopped too soon? I keep watching it & it seems like the stoppage was too soon.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Was DeMarco/Molina  Empty Re: Was DeMarco/Molina

Post  koolkc107 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:21 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Stopped too soon? I keep watching it & it seems like the stoppage was too soon.

Yes. After all the dues he's paid, he deserved a chance to continue.

Can say the same thing about Ajose versus Matthysse. Ajose got rocked but you gotta give a guy that game a shot to go on, a chance to finish.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Yes probably. Only problem is he wasnt defending himself and if your the ref put in that situation you probably have to call it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 pm

In the Molina situation, the ref could've signaled a knock down, as Molina was using the roes to hold himself up. He was sitting on the bottom rope. An 8 count would give the an idea of how much trouble he was in. In Ajose's case, I thought the ref should've started counting, giving Ajose the chance to stand or stay down. I didn't like either stoppage. Coincidentally, neither fighter complained about the stoppages, either did Dawson.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:56 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:In the Molina situation, the ref could've signaled a knock down, as Molina was using the roes to hold himself up. He was sitting on the bottom rope. An 8 count would give the an idea of how much trouble he was in. In Ajose's case, I thought the ref should've started counting, giving Ajose the chance to stand or stay down. I didn't like either stoppage. Coincidentally, neither fighter complained about the stoppages, either did Dawson.

Molina got caught with the first shot. While he isn't iron chinned, his chin isn't that bad. He probably was cold, in with a good fighter, and on the big stage. Good shot and too much for Molina at this point. Kudos to Demarco. A more experienced fighter might have taken a knee. Ref could have ruled him down (as I've seen done before for such a situation).

Can't really fault the ref for not doing so. weird situation.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 am

Ref wasn't too premature with the stoppage because Molina wasn't fighting back, but it he should of given him an 8 count. Had Molina survived, it would of been an entertaining fight. Still I had no doubt Demarco was going to win.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:26 am

the problem is that molina didnt look the hurt. and dont say that he wasnt defending himself because he was. his gloves were up and demarco wasnt landing that cleanly on molina. the reason you stop a fight is to protect a fighter from actually getting seriously hurt. at that point, molina wasnt near being seriously hurt. demarco could have punched himself out. just watch the kirkland-angulo fight. that was way worse of a beating and kirkland came back and won it. you have to give the fighter a chance.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 pm

probably it was,we've all seen fights where boxers have come back from the brink.bottom line is in this fight,i don't think the result would of changed.molina would most likely of got tagged within the next round or so.

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum