The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is SOG P4P #1?

+8
GrantZilla
powerpuncher
Soonermark890
captainanddew
flapanther2001
Diego408
freakzilla
koolkc107
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is SOG P4P #1? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is SOG P4P #1?

Post  powerpuncher Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:24 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:Roach on SOG (from ESPN's live chat):

Ron (Baltimore)
Speaking of Ward, what did you think of his performance against Dawson?

Freddie Roach
(12:19 PM)
Great performance, might be the best fighter in the world today.
I think everyone knows that the top guys have fallen off and Ward is the best.

ring magazine's top 10 p4p
has
Floyd
Pac
Martinez
Marquez
Vitali

5 fighters that aren't the same as they were 2 yrs ago.
Man thats a bad list.
i dont really think its that bad other than vitali being on there which makes it ridiculous.
And the fact that Ward isnt on it.
is that from before the dawson fight? if it is then a lot of people didnt have him in the top 5. i did but most people disagreed for some reason.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:55 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:Roach on SOG (from ESPN's live chat):

Ron (Baltimore)
Speaking of Ward, what did you think of his performance against Dawson?

Freddie Roach
(12:19 PM)
Great performance, might be the best fighter in the world today.
I think everyone knows that the top guys have fallen off and Ward is the best.

ring magazine's top 10 p4p
has
Floyd
Pac
Martinez
Marquez
Vitali

5 fighters that aren't the same as they were 2 yrs ago.
Man thats a bad list.
i dont really think its that bad other than vitali being on there which makes it ridiculous.
And the fact that Ward isnt on it.
is that from before the dawson fight? if it is then a lot of people didnt have him in the top 5. i did but most people disagreed for some reason.
Before the dawson fight I had him number 1. I said it multiple times before the fight that dawson would be a walk in the park for Ward. Ward is one of the best I have seen as a boxing fan in my lifetime. I say in my lifetime because obviously there is better in the past.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 am

thats weird because i never heard you say that. i only say that because i felt like i was the only one who really thought that ward might be #1 p4p before the dawson fight. that fight kind of solidified it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:12 am

powerpuncher wrote:thats weird because i never heard you say that. i only say that because i felt like i was the only one who really thought that ward might be #1 p4p before the dawson fight. that fight kind of solidified it.
Yeah I said he would win every round against Dawson. There was someone else who was on wards bandwagon even before I came around
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:31 am

to answer the question at hand, no he is not. how soon we forget in the boxing world. everything ward is doing now is exactly what FMJ did in his run from 130-140. ward has been extremely impressive and the sky is the limit for him, but i would still have to rank him behind floyd. like him or not (i dont care for him personally) he is a damn good fighter and has fought some damn good competition in his day. people can argue about who he didnt fight or who he should have fought until they are blue in the face, but for him to go almost 20 years now as a pro without a loss given the guys hes fought, that is damn impressive. inactivity can be a reason to lower floyd, but his last fight moving up to 154 to take the champions title is a little more impressive to me than ward making dawson come down to 168 and winning. (i personally consider cotto a better fighter than dawson but thats a whole other argument) for me it is 1. FMJ 2. ward 3. manny then a very big drop off to whoever you would like to put 4. I would say that until floyd loses or even comes close to losing, the title is his, as long as he keeps fighitng big names and top ranked fighters.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:46 am

BoxingGenius wrote:to answer the question at hand, no he is not. how soon we forget in the boxing world. everything ward is doing now is exactly what FMJ did in his run from 130-140. ward has been extremely impressive and the sky is the limit for him, but i would still have to rank him behind floyd. like him or not (i dont care for him personally) he is a damn good fighter and has fought some damn good competition in his day. people can argue about who he didnt fight or who he should have fought until they are blue in the face, but for him to go almost 20 years now as a pro without a loss given the guys hes fought, that is damn impressive. inactivity can be a reason to lower floyd, but his last fight moving up to 154 to take the champions title is a little more impressive to me than ward making dawson come down to 168 and winning. (i personally consider cotto a better fighter than dawson but thats a whole other argument) for me it is 1. FMJ 2. ward 3. manny then a very big drop off to whoever you would like to put 4. I would say that until floyd loses or even comes close to losing, the title is his, as long as he keeps fighitng big names and top ranked fighters.
honestly, i dont mind anybody putting floyd first because as grant always says, p4p rankings are totally opinion and it only means who you really think is the best at this moment. i do think that floyd at this time is the better all time fighter, but i have seen a decline in floyd recently which is why i consider ward better, but not by much at all because floyd is still great. either way, they should be #1 and #2 in that sense unless you are really dropping floyd a lot through inactivity.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:49 am

i will agree that floyd may have declined, although i think he did try to mix it up a little more with miguel to drum up some more excitement and value. he probably could have potshotted and moved per usual for an 11-1 12-0 ud. his legs are not gone despite what people think. if we are talking skills right now and resumes aside? im still not sure, i think floyd was lightyears ahead for so long that even with the decline he might still have an edge. i just have trouble boosting andre after the dawson fight because i think the weight had a significant affect on chad. id love to see a rematch at 175 to see if it goes differently, my guess is its much much closer.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:31 pm

My personal P4P top 10

1) Ward
2) Mayweather
3) JMM
4) Donaire
5) Martinez
6) Pacquiao
7) Froch
8) Cotto
9) Timothy Bradley
10) Mikey Garcia

Just my personal opinion. Open to differing views

Last edited by koolkc107 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:40 am

koolkc107 wrote:My personal P4P top 10

1) Ward
2) Mayweather
3) JMM
4) Donaire
5) Martinez
6) Pacquiao
7) Froch
8) Cotto
9) Timothy Bradley
10) Mickey Garcia

its a pretty good list although there are definitely parts i disagree with.

1. ward
2. mayweather
3. martinez
4. JMM
5. pac
6. donaire
7. mares
8. cotto
9. froch
10. bradley

donaire is too high on most peoples list for me. he has had some very impressive fights but also a few less than impressive fights. he doesnt usually fight the best so at this point, im assuming that he is really good but has shown definite weaknesses which make me think he is not in the top 5. mares is also never in anybody's p4p list although he has beaten vic, agbeko, morel and had a draw with perez. he has beaten very good fighters and is undefeated still. after he beats moreno, he might jump donaire.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:33 am

powerpuncher wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:My personal P4P top 10

1) Ward
2) Mayweather
3) JMM
4) Donaire
5) Martinez
6) Pacquiao
7) Froch
8) Cotto
9) Timothy Bradley
10) Mikey Garcia

its a pretty good list although there are definitely parts i disagree with.

1. ward
2. mayweather
3. martinez
4. JMM
5. pac
6. donaire
7. mares
8. cotto
9. froch
10. bradley

donaire is too high on most peoples list for me. he has had some very impressive fights but also a few less than impressive fights. he doesnt usually fight the best so at this point, im assuming that he is really good but has shown definite weaknesses which make me think he is not in the top 5. mares is also never in anybody's p4p list although he has beaten vic, agbeko, morel and had a draw with perez. he has beaten very good fighters and is undefeated still. after he beats moreno, he might jump donaire.

Hey, I made sure to say it was just my opinion because I didn't want folks to get bent outta shape. Glad you posted one in response, gladder still to see almost all the names in the top 10 are the same. Cant fault you for Mares, though he doesn't make my list yet because I think Agbecko exposed some things about him (even in losing) that other elite fighters may stand ready to exploit. For my money there is no one at the lower weights more technically sound than Mikey Garcia.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:50 am

we all have our own opinions. ive actually never seen garcia fight if you can believe that. ive wanted to for a while and was hoping to see him fight caballero which isnt going to happen.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum