The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

+4
Soonermark890
captainanddew
Shaun
Diego408
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care - Page 2 Empty Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  powerpuncher Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 am

you cant compare ages since martinez started the sport so late and although chavez started it kind of late, he had a huge boxing background unlike martinez. do you really think that manfredo or rubio are better at 160 than williams? i guarantee you that they are not even close. williams was a solid fighter while those 2 arent even good at all. zbik was alright and most people thought he beat Jr. lee was alright (still definitely not as good as williams though) and its the first fight that i was actually impressed by Jr. pavlik was still a good fighter when he fought martinez. he was supposed to win that fight pretty easily.

i think that macklin is better than anybody that Jr. has faced. can you think of any one of Jrs opponents that could beat sturm like macklin did? none of them could, i guarantee it. when you are a son of a legend, you get brought along very carefully and are very protected. they only match you up with people they know you can beat. if you put Jr against margarito in his prime, margo would whoop Jr. he was way better which is why they would never match him up against someone like that. martinez had to fight his way up unprotected. he fought his way to where he is now. and when martinez destroys him, everybody will start saying that he was way overrated.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care - Page 2 Empty Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  dmar5143 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 am

i agree with sooners comments that jr has done what we like fighters to do.he was brought along in a good way and his last few fights he has increased the competion.the problem is his last name..had it been jones no one here i believe would say he did not have a right to a title fight.he would in a legit way be ranked in the top 4..everyone here that said this fight would never happen has been proven wrong.big time wrong.barker got a title shot so did macklin with one or two decent performances.so why the knock on chavez..his name and the fact arum promotes him are the 2 main reasons.add boxing politics also but he deserves a shot.
no matter the outcome chavez already has gone from a guy martinez will crush to a guy who can win.thoses are the forum thoughts in general.saying he could possibly win gives crediabilty to his right to be there.
im hoping martinez wins in a lop sided ko..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Honestly speaking, there is already a blueprint out there on defeating Sergio and Jr. is one of the few folks out there with the tools to pull it off. The question is, will he?

I think he can. I think he can back Sergio up all night while punishing him viciously to the body. I think he has enough skill to not get caught too often, chin enough to weather it when he does, and size and strength enough to make Martinez pay for every inch of real estate he tries to take.

This will look like Sergio's first fight with Paul Williams, only this opponent will be much bigger and much stronger. Instead of collapsing from exhaustion (and being able to get up) in the 11th round like he did against Paul, he will be worn down from the weight and power a bit sooner.

The new JCC stops him in 8 or 9.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:10 pm

powerpuncher wrote:you cant compare ages since martinez started the sport so late and although chavez started it kind of late, he had a huge boxing background unlike martinez. do you really think that manfredo or rubio are better at 160 than williams? i guarantee you that they are not even close. williams was a solid fighter while those 2 arent even good at all. zbik was alright and most people thought he beat Jr. lee was alright (still definitely not as good as williams though) and its the first fight that i was actually impressed by Jr. pavlik was still a good fighter when he fought martinez. he was supposed to win that fight pretty easily.

i think that macklin is better than anybody that Jr. has faced. can you think of any one of Jrs opponents that could beat sturm like macklin did? none of them could, i guarantee it. when you are a son of a legend, you get brought along very carefully and are very protected. they only match you up with people they know you can beat. if you put Jr against margarito in his prime, margo would whoop Jr. he was way better which is why they would never match him up against someone like that. martinez had to fight his way up unprotected. he fought his way to where he is now. and when martinez destroys him, everybody will start saying that he was way overrated.

Now you are reading more into my words than I said. I never said that Manfredo or Rubio was better than Williams. I said Williams is overrated as an opponent at 160 and I said the collection of Lyell, Zbik, Manfredo, Rubio, and Lee were near if not the same level as the collection of Dzinziruk (@ 160 and HBO debut), Barker, and Macklin. I was comparing their fights since the beginning of 2011. I know I am in the minority but I take Lee over Macklin and Zbik over Barker. Rubio, Manfredo, and Lyell are all decent fighters and are fine opponents as stay busy/gradually increasing difficulty opponents. I think Carlos Molina is a good fighter and may eclipse Margarito when his career is over. Jr faced him and defeated him via disputed decision.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2