Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Diego408 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:58 pm

About strategy. His dad is telling him something on how to hit THe south paw and he kinda brushes it off. Hes even been flaking on Roach In training sessions. Chavez jr is just thinking he's going to go in there go Foward, close distance and throw. He has something coming, a KO defeat.
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Shaun on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:55 am

Diego408 wrote:About strategy. His dad is telling him something on how to hit THe south paw and he kinda brushes it off. Hes even been flaking on Roach In training sessions. Chavez jr is just thinking he's going to go in there go Foward, close distance and throw. He has something coming, a KO defeat.

To Chavez's credit, his father is NOT his trainer.
avatar
Shaun

Posts : 750
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 33
Location : Dallas, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  captainanddew on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 am

I'm just amazed this guy somehow makes 160. He weighs what chad dawson weighs.

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Soonermark890 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:59 am

Diego408 wrote:About strategy. His dad is telling him something on how to hit THe south paw and he kinda brushes it off. Hes even been flaking on Roach In training sessions. Chavez jr is just thinking he's going to go in there go Foward, close distance and throw. He has something coming, a KO defeat.
Eh its the whole father/son dynamic there. He probably has to hear it all the time. LOL
I mean how many times as a young man did you ignore your dad? From what Roach said he has only skipped one training session and he has been working harder for this fight and listening to everything. But to be honest I think the best strategy is to get Sergio to go backwards and keep Sergio moving all night.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 34
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Diego408 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Roach said he doesn't ever say no to him but has been a no show sometimes. Chavez jrs gameplan is obvious. The fight depends of Sergio can figure out Chavez and have an answer to his come Foward aggression and relentless body attack.
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Soonermark890 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Diego408 wrote:Roach said he doesn't ever say no to him but has been a no show sometimes. Chavez jrs gameplan is obvious. The fight depends of Sergio can figure out Chavez and have an answer to his come Foward aggression and relentless body attack.
Did you watch the face off with kellerman? It was pretty good. I like both fighters attitudes. This could be the fight of the year.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 34
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Diego408 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Roach said he doesn't ever say no to him but has been a no show sometimes. Chavez jrs gameplan is obvious. The fight depends of Sergio can figure out Chavez and have an answer to his come Foward aggression and relentless body attack.
Did you watch the face off with kellerman? It was pretty good. I like both fighters attitudes. This could be the fight of the year.
No I haven't, but I will later today bro
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  UBeeg9cats on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:01 pm

I picked Jr in the GOR but I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd like a new cash cow to be born and this fight is one of the few that could do it. Sergio is a nice guy but doesn't have many years left. My take on this fight is whoever starts earlier probably wins between these 2 slow starters. If Chavez get 2 rounds of body attacks in before Sergio really gets his timing and movement down, he won't have the gas in the tank to take out this lightheavyweight with a solid chin. If Sergio gets aggressive and his timing before Jr does work, we will have a spectacular KO coming.

UBeeg9cats

Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  captainanddew on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I picked Jr in the GOR but I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd like a new cash cow to be born and this fight is one of the few that could do it. Sergio is a nice guy but doesn't have many years left. My take on this fight is whoever starts earlier probably wins between these 2 slow starters. If Chavez get 2 rounds of body attacks in before Sergio really gets his timing and movement down, he won't have the gas in the tank to take out this lightheavyweight with a solid chin. If Sergio gets aggressive and his timing before Jr does work, we will have a spectacular KO coming.

I'm all for a new cash cow, but not Jr. He's a cunt.

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  UBeeg9cats on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm

captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I picked Jr in the GOR but I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd like a new cash cow to be born and this fight is one of the few that could do it. Sergio is a nice guy but doesn't have many years left. My take on this fight is whoever starts earlier probably wins between these 2 slow starters. If Chavez get 2 rounds of body attacks in before Sergio really gets his timing and movement down, he won't have the gas in the tank to take out this lightheavyweight with a solid chin. If Sergio gets aggressive and his timing before Jr does work, we will have a spectacular KO coming.

I'm all for a new cash cow, but not Jr. He's a cunt.

He doesn't have the best personality. How about he wins to become the 3rd biggest name in boxing and then is stupid enough to challenge Ward. Ward will then dominate him in a huge PPV event and he becomes a crossover star.

UBeeg9cats

Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  captainanddew on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:30 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I picked Jr in the GOR but I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd like a new cash cow to be born and this fight is one of the few that could do it. Sergio is a nice guy but doesn't have many years left. My take on this fight is whoever starts earlier probably wins between these 2 slow starters. If Chavez get 2 rounds of body attacks in before Sergio really gets his timing and movement down, he won't have the gas in the tank to take out this lightheavyweight with a solid chin. If Sergio gets aggressive and his timing before Jr does work, we will have a spectacular KO coming.

I'm all for a new cash cow, but not Jr. He's a cunt.

He doesn't have the best personality. How about he wins to become the 3rd biggest name in boxing and then is stupid enough to challenge Ward. Ward will then dominate him in a huge PPV event and he becomes a crossover star.

I want sergio to flatten him.

_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  UBeeg9cats on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:54 pm

captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I picked Jr in the GOR but I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd like a new cash cow to be born and this fight is one of the few that could do it. Sergio is a nice guy but doesn't have many years left. My take on this fight is whoever starts earlier probably wins between these 2 slow starters. If Chavez get 2 rounds of body attacks in before Sergio really gets his timing and movement down, he won't have the gas in the tank to take out this lightheavyweight with a solid chin. If Sergio gets aggressive and his timing before Jr does work, we will have a spectacular KO coming.

I'm all for a new cash cow, but not Jr. He's a cunt.

He doesn't have the best personality. How about he wins to become the 3rd biggest name in boxing and then is stupid enough to challenge Ward. Ward will then dominate him in a huge PPV event and he becomes a crossover star.

I want sergio to flatten him.

I have said it time and time again that Sergio and JMM have annoyed me with their attitudes recently. I understand that they are older and deserve the paydays but I still like fighters to fight and respect their opponents or potential opponents. I am ready for these guys to lose to make way for the new fighters. Jr is not my cup of tea but he can bring fans to the sport.

UBeeg9cats

Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  captainanddew on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I picked Jr in the GOR but I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd like a new cash cow to be born and this fight is one of the few that could do it. Sergio is a nice guy but doesn't have many years left. My take on this fight is whoever starts earlier probably wins between these 2 slow starters. If Chavez get 2 rounds of body attacks in before Sergio really gets his timing and movement down, he won't have the gas in the tank to take out this lightheavyweight with a solid chin. If Sergio gets aggressive and his timing before Jr does work, we will have a spectacular KO coming.

I'm all for a new cash cow, but not Jr. He's a cunt.

He doesn't have the best personality. How about he wins to become the 3rd biggest name in boxing and then is stupid enough to challenge Ward. Ward will then dominate him in a huge PPV event and he becomes a crossover star.

I want sergio to flatten him.

I have said it time and time again that Sergio and JMM have annoyed me with their attitudes recently. I understand that they are older and deserve the paydays but I still like fighters to fight and respect their opponents or potential opponents. I am ready for these guys to lose to make way for the new fighters. Jr is not my cup of tea but he can bring fans to the sport.

Sergio showed nothing but respect to every other fighter he faced. Sergio doesn't beat women outside of the ring. He doesn't get arrested for drunk driving. He does charitable work. When PW got hurt he acted like a good human being.

Sergio has been nothing but class.



_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Soonermark890 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:23 pm

captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I picked Jr in the GOR but I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd like a new cash cow to be born and this fight is one of the few that could do it. Sergio is a nice guy but doesn't have many years left. My take on this fight is whoever starts earlier probably wins between these 2 slow starters. If Chavez get 2 rounds of body attacks in before Sergio really gets his timing and movement down, he won't have the gas in the tank to take out this lightheavyweight with a solid chin. If Sergio gets aggressive and his timing before Jr does work, we will have a spectacular KO coming.

I'm all for a new cash cow, but not Jr. He's a cunt.

He doesn't have the best personality. How about he wins to become the 3rd biggest name in boxing and then is stupid enough to challenge Ward. Ward will then dominate him in a huge PPV event and he becomes a crossover star.

I want sergio to flatten him.

I have said it time and time again that Sergio and JMM have annoyed me with their attitudes recently. I understand that they are older and deserve the paydays but I still like fighters to fight and respect their opponents or potential opponents. I am ready for these guys to lose to make way for the new fighters. Jr is not my cup of tea but he can bring fans to the sport.

Sergio showed nothing but respect to every other fighter he faced. Sergio doesn't beat women outside of the ring. He doesn't get arrested for drunk driving. He does charitable work. When PW got hurt he acted like a good human being.

Sergio has been nothing but class.


Except with Jr. for some reason he is being a douche. He acts as if Junior himself did something bad to him. Fine one of the ABC's took away your belt and gave it to a kid. So you hate the kid? Hate the corrupt organization not the kid. Besides I dont quite understand all the hate for Jr. He does exactly what we say a fighter should do. He fights often. He started late so he was brought along slowly while staying extremely active. He also has a crowd pleasing style and as of Saturday he isnt ducking anyone anymore. Trust me its guys like him we want to be a cash cow. A fighter who actually fights for once.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 34
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  captainanddew on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I picked Jr in the GOR but I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd like a new cash cow to be born and this fight is one of the few that could do it. Sergio is a nice guy but doesn't have many years left. My take on this fight is whoever starts earlier probably wins between these 2 slow starters. If Chavez get 2 rounds of body attacks in before Sergio really gets his timing and movement down, he won't have the gas in the tank to take out this lightheavyweight with a solid chin. If Sergio gets aggressive and his timing before Jr does work, we will have a spectacular KO coming.

I'm all for a new cash cow, but not Jr. He's a cunt.

He doesn't have the best personality. How about he wins to become the 3rd biggest name in boxing and then is stupid enough to challenge Ward. Ward will then dominate him in a huge PPV event and he becomes a crossover star.

I want sergio to flatten him.

I have said it time and time again that Sergio and JMM have annoyed me with their attitudes recently. I understand that they are older and deserve the paydays but I still like fighters to fight and respect their opponents or potential opponents. I am ready for these guys to lose to make way for the new fighters. Jr is not my cup of tea but he can bring fans to the sport.

Sergio showed nothing but respect to every other fighter he faced. Sergio doesn't beat women outside of the ring. He doesn't get arrested for drunk driving. He does charitable work. When PW got hurt he acted like a good human being.

Sergio has been nothing but class.


Except with Jr. for some reason he is being a douche. He acts as if Junior himself did something bad to him. Fine one of the ABC's took away your belt and gave it to a kid. So you hate the kid? Hate the corrupt organization not the kid. Besides I dont quite understand all the hate for Jr. He does exactly what we say a fighter should do. He fights often. He started late so he was brought along slowly while staying extremely active. He also has a crowd pleasing style and as of Saturday he isnt ducking anyone anymore. Trust me its guys like him we want to be a cash cow. A fighter who actually fights for once.

I don't like cheaters.


_________________
I can not live without books
Winter is Coming

avatar
captainanddew

Posts : 8143
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 40
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Soonermark890 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I picked Jr in the GOR but I think it is more wishful thinking than anything else. I'd like a new cash cow to be born and this fight is one of the few that could do it. Sergio is a nice guy but doesn't have many years left. My take on this fight is whoever starts earlier probably wins between these 2 slow starters. If Chavez get 2 rounds of body attacks in before Sergio really gets his timing and movement down, he won't have the gas in the tank to take out this lightheavyweight with a solid chin. If Sergio gets aggressive and his timing before Jr does work, we will have a spectacular KO coming.

I'm all for a new cash cow, but not Jr. He's a cunt.

He doesn't have the best personality. How about he wins to become the 3rd biggest name in boxing and then is stupid enough to challenge Ward. Ward will then dominate him in a huge PPV event and he becomes a crossover star.

I want sergio to flatten him.

I have said it time and time again that Sergio and JMM have annoyed me with their attitudes recently. I understand that they are older and deserve the paydays but I still like fighters to fight and respect their opponents or potential opponents. I am ready for these guys to lose to make way for the new fighters. Jr is not my cup of tea but he can bring fans to the sport.

Sergio showed nothing but respect to every other fighter he faced. Sergio doesn't beat women outside of the ring. He doesn't get arrested for drunk driving. He does charitable work. When PW got hurt he acted like a good human being.

Sergio has been nothing but class.


Except with Jr. for some reason he is being a douche. He acts as if Junior himself did something bad to him. Fine one of the ABC's took away your belt and gave it to a kid. So you hate the kid? Hate the corrupt organization not the kid. Besides I dont quite understand all the hate for Jr. He does exactly what we say a fighter should do. He fights often. He started late so he was brought along slowly while staying extremely active. He also has a crowd pleasing style and as of Saturday he isnt ducking anyone anymore. Trust me its guys like him we want to be a cash cow. A fighter who actually fights for once.

I don't like cheaters.

Shit thats most guys in the sport.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 34
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Diego408 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Sergio has every right to dislike bratty Chavez. I'd be pissed too if the organization I was loyal to was favoring and protecting Another fighter. No one should have this privilege in boxing. Chavez jr has ran his mouth a lot about Sergio too. The kids far from a saint and recently has been skipping out on drug tests because the Texas commission is corrupt. I also don't buy that BS of Chavez starting late in boxing. There's YouTube fights of him as a mid teen fighting amateur bouts. He's been in the sport his whole life. Chavez jr is just a protected fighter, and that's why I don't like him.
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Soonermark890 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Diego408 wrote:Sergio has every right to dislike bratty Chavez. I'd be pissed too if the organization I was loyal to was favoring and protecting Another fighter. No one should have this privilege in boxing. Chavez jr has ran his mouth a lot about Sergio too. The kids far from a saint and recently has been skipping out on drug tests because the Texas commission is corrupt. I also don't buy that BS of Chavez starting late in boxing. There's YouTube fights of him as a mid teen fighting amateur bouts. He's been in the sport his whole life. Chavez jr is just a protected fighter, and that's why I don't like him.
How is he so protected? The only guy he has "avoided" he is fighting Saturday. I just think he takes more criticism because he is a legends son.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 34
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  UBeeg9cats on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:47 pm

I agree Sergio is a good person and has been respectful to most fighters but Mark mentioned 1 of 2 fighters I thought Sergio has badmouthed. Mark also mentioned most of the reasons I didn't like him bashing Jr. The one reason Mark didn't mention that I have a problem with his Chavez complex is that a P4P fighter should be seeking out challenges. Sergio is still a solid favorite after Chavez has looked better and better against improving opposition and Sergio looking vulnerable vs similar competition. Yes, I believe Lyell, Zbik, Manfredo, Rubio, and Lee are close to the quality of Dzinziruk(@160), Barker, and Macklin. I want a P4P fighter to being calling out the top fighters from the divisions around him. This list for Sergio would be Floyd, Cotto, Sturm(at the time), Golovkin, Pirog, Ward, Bute, Froch, and Kessler. I know people would say calling out most of those guys is a useless gesture but every one of those seemed more likely than Jr. except for Sturm.
The other guy Sergio has been too harsh on is Pac. I am a big Pac fan but I know he has slowed down and doesn't deserve the P4P ranking he has. I just don't see how Sergio thinks Pac should fight him when he refuses to be at the same level of weight disparity against the SMW giants. If Sergio fought one of them at a catchweight then wanted Pac, I don't mind it. Sergio has fought a European level guy in Barker and a world contender guy in Macklin in his last 2 fights and at weight disadvantages. People dis Pac for his opponent level but his last 2 were top 10 P4P guys that are a nearly the same size naturally as him. It is laughable(IMO) for Sergio to deride any of the P4P guys recent opponents.

UBeeg9cats

Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Soonermark890 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:53 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I agree Sergio is a good person and has been respectful to most fighters but Mark mentioned 1 of 2 fighters I thought Sergio has badmouthed. Mark also mentioned most of the reasons I didn't like him bashing Jr. The one reason Mark didn't mention that I have a problem with his Chavez complex is that a P4P fighter should be seeking out challenges. Sergio is still a solid favorite after Chavez has looked better and better against improving opposition and Sergio looking vulnerable vs similar competition. Yes, I believe Lyell, Zbik, Manfredo, Rubio, and Lee are close to the quality of Dzinziruk(@160), Barker, and Macklin. I want a P4P fighter to being calling out the top fighters from the divisions around him. This list for Sergio would be Floyd, Cotto, Sturm(at the time), Golovkin, Pirog, Ward, Bute, Froch, and Kessler. I know people would say calling out most of those guys is a useless gesture but every one of those seemed more likely than Jr. except for Sturm.
The other guy Sergio has been too harsh on is Pac. I am a big Pac fan but I know he has slowed down and doesn't deserve the P4P ranking he has. I just don't see how Sergio thinks Pac should fight him when he refuses to be at the same level of weight disparity against the SMW giants. If Sergio fought one of them at a catchweight then wanted Pac, I don't mind it. Sergio has fought a European level guy in Barker and a world contender guy in Macklin in his last 2 fights and at weight disadvantages. People dis Pac for his opponent level but his last 2 were top 10 P4P guys that are a nearly the same size naturally as him. It is laughable(IMO) for Sergio to deride any of the P4P guys recent opponents.
Yep I have been saying for a long time all Sergio is looking for right now is payday's. Which is fine with me but he shouldnt talk so much about other P4P guys and say he is trying to be the best P4P fighter in the world. If that was true he would have moved up and went after the better division. He should have been trying to fight a Ward to be the number 1 P4P.

_________________
FUCK KELLY PAVLIK!!!!
avatar
Soonermark890
Admin

Posts : 5749
Join date : 2010-10-20
Age : 34
Location : oklahoma

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Diego408 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Sergio has every right to dislike bratty Chavez. I'd be pissed too if the organization I was loyal to was favoring and protecting Another fighter. No one should have this privilege in boxing. Chavez jr has ran his mouth a lot about Sergio too. The kids far from a saint and recently has been skipping out on drug tests because the Texas commission is corrupt. I also don't buy that BS of Chavez starting late in boxing. There's YouTube fights of him as a mid teen fighting amateur bouts. He's been in the sport his whole life. Chavez jr is just a protected fighter, and that's why I don't like him.
How is he so protected? The only guy he has "avoided" he is fighting Saturday. I just think he takes more criticism because he is a legends son.
He's been in with at best average fighters and did nothing to earn a shot at the title. Arum was a sneaky bastard and got him sergios vacated belt, same shit he did with Pacquiao before hand (154 belt). The only reason Jr has a belt is because of his ties with the WBC. He avoided Martinez for over a year and was forced to fight him or look like a chump. Fighting Martinez now wasn't his choice and come the 15th you'll see why they bought so much time to stay away from fighting Maravilla.
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  UBeeg9cats on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Diego408 wrote:He's been in with at best average fighters and did nothing to earn a shot at the title. Arum was a sneaky bastard and got him sergios vacated belt, same shit he did with Pacquiao before hand (154 belt). The only reason Jr has a belt is because of his ties with the WBC. He avoided Martinez for over a year and was forced to fight him or look like a chump. Fighting Martinez now wasn't his choice and come the 15th you'll see why they bought so much time to stay away from fighting Maravilla.

I know boxrec doesn't have a perfect formula but it definitely doesn't favor any fighter. Do you know that Jr. is ranked 2nd in middleweights after Sergio? That is above Geale and Golovkin. He should've earned some respect recently but still hasn't for the most part. Even if you look at when he won the belt, he was higher ranked than when Pirog won his. There has been little to no outrage about him picking up a Sergio trinket. Again I say Sergio rejected his mandatory and Jr. fought the man Sergio wouldn't. Yes, there were underlying circumstances but that is fact.

UBeeg9cats

Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Diego408 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:00 am

His ranking is good on boxrec because he's beat enough bums that gathered him a lot of points based on this formula, plus two robberies vs Molina and two fights that he didn't get no contest in because he skipped out on drug tests, so of course he has a good ranking on their site. Chavez jr is a piece of shit. He's gotten away with enough because of his daddy's name. Martinez is a man of honor, that fights anyone HBO says and ain't scared of a challenge, while Chavez fights whoever Arum cherry picks and HBO allows it because he brings decent ratings. Like Martinez said on 24/7 Jr shouldn't have taken this fight. I also expect some kind of BS at the weigh in or before the fight from Chavez to make him have a advantage over Sergio.
avatar
Diego408

Posts : 2646
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 28
Location : Gilroy & Chico, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  powerpuncher on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:46 am

chavez has gotten a lot better as of late but lee is the best fighter he has faced which isnt saying much. pavlik is far superior than anyone that Jr has faced. williams is also easily better than anyone he has faced. martinez actually earned his way to the top. and then he got ranked as a top p4p fighter and then asked for fights but nobody would fight him. people tend to forget that he wanted to go back down to 154 but he couldnt get fights so he had to stay at middleweight.

Jr has been handed everything. like i said, he has improved, but you can understand martinez' frustration with someone like Jr who hasnt had to sacrifice like he has. a top p4p fighters should be getting challenged, not trying to challenge someone. if pac or mayweather call somebody out, i guarantee that that person is 100% going to fight them. martinez is often known as the #3 p4p fighter and then calls out Jr and it takes so long for them to make the fight and thats just because of the mandatory issue. a #3 p4p fighter calling you out should be an automatic next fight no matter what. i hope that maravilla KOs him.
avatar
powerpuncher

Posts : 2643
Join date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  UBeeg9cats on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 pm

powerpuncher wrote:chavez has gotten a lot better as of late but lee is the best fighter he has faced which isnt saying much. pavlik is far superior than anyone that Jr has faced. williams is also easily better than anyone he has faced. martinez actually earned his way to the top. and then he got ranked as a top p4p fighter and then asked for fights but nobody would fight him. people tend to forget that he wanted to go back down to 154 but he couldnt get fights so he had to stay at middleweight.

Jr has been handed everything. like i said, he has improved, but you can understand martinez' frustration with someone like Jr who hasnt had to sacrifice like he has. a top p4p fighters should be getting challenged, not trying to challenge someone. if pac or mayweather call somebody out, i guarantee that that person is 100% going to fight them. martinez is often known as the #3 p4p fighter and then calls out Jr and it takes so long for them to make the fight and thats just because of the mandatory issue. a #3 p4p fighter calling you out should be an automatic next fight no matter what. i hope that maravilla KOs him.

Again, I respectfully disagree. I think that Williams at middleweight gets overrated as an opponent. He had only fought Andy Kolle and a semi-retired Winky above 154. Pavlik was the champ and a good fighter but has lost the mental desire. Even without the champion's mentality, Pavlik was in it until cut in the 9th. Also, he stayed at 160 because he was lineal vs a beltholder and his idol, Monzon, held the WBC middleweight belt. He also has only called out Pac, Floyd, and Jr. Pac is an undersized welter, Money is an average-sized welter, and Jr who everyone says is crappy. Pirog also took one of his belts and was dying to fight Sergio. Dibella has refused to event entertain that idea. Geal and Golovkin have had their belts for a long time but no mention of them either. There have been good fighters at middleweight that Sergio has ignored.

Sergio calling someone out isn't the same as Pac or Floyd. People make enough off of fighting those guys to retire on. Sergio brings out slightly better pay but not much. Jr is getting over twice as much money as Sergio. Jr has fought steadily improving opponents and is only 26. When Sergio was Jr's age, he was fighting Javier Alejandro Blanco who was 13-3-4 at the time and ended up 17-15-4. Sergio had only left Argentina one time and got flattened by Margarito. Jr could have been content not fighting and just living off of his dad's fame and fortune but he wanted a career for himself.

UBeeg9cats

Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Chavez jr looks like a fighter that doesn't care

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum