The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

+10
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
kbyte
GrantZilla
Gumby
Rum Capital
Soonermark890
gomez1012
Norm1023
14 posters

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 25 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:09 pm

We finally broke 4 million! After weeks of hovering just under the 4 million viewers mark for the initial airing, Game of Thrones finally broke through in a big way. James Hibberd reports that last night’s season finale attracted 4.2 million viewers for the initial airing and 5.1 million total!

In related news, Hibberd also reported last night that showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have signed on for two more seasons, meaning they are under contract up through season four, provided HBO orders a season four (which, at this point, they would be crazy not to do).

UPDATE: Detailed numbers from TVbythenumbers are in. First airing 4.202 million and 2.2 demo, second 0.910 million, for a 5.112 total. Again, only NBA playoffs could top that on cable.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/06/season-two-finale-tops-4mil-viewers-sets-new-series-high/

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 25 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:39 pm

[quote="Ali"]Interesting it could be ash, I just assumed snow.

As for letting the characters develop that's an issue with time restraints, there is no limits in books but with HBO it's ten 50-60 minute episodes which doesn't give the characters enough time to give them any justice, and there is alot of character

there is enough time. As I have posted. i haven't read the books yet. I love the series. But season 2 felt rushed in 10 episodes. There was alot of new characters and not enough screen time. Another episode or 2 to slow things down a little bit would have been better.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

[quote="captainanddew"]
Ali wrote:Interesting it could be ash, I just assumed snow.

As for letting the characters develop that's an issue with time restraints, there is no limits in books but with HBO it's ten 50-60 minute episodes which doesn't give the characters enough time to give them any justice, and there is alot of character

there is enough time. As I have posted. i haven't read the books yet. I love the series. But season 2 felt rushed in 10 episodes. There was alot of new characters and not enough screen time. Another episode or 2 to slow things down a little bit would have been better.

I agree about the extra two episodes but it is what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:40 pm

finale was good but wtf....NO RAMSAY.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 am

Rum Capital wrote:finale was good but wtf....NO RAMSAY.

They never casted that character for season 2, he'll be there next season though.

I would love to see Cillan Murphy get that role.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Ali wrote:

They never casted that character for season 2, he'll be there next season though.

would love for him to do it. He is one of my favorite actors. I doubt that he would take the role even if offered.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:56 pm

captainanddew wrote: I doubt that he would take the role even if offered.

Why not? A lot of big name actors do HBO shows. And he's not exactly a huge name actor. It'd be a easy paycheck.

He was willing to do an extremly minor cameo in the Dark Knight.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

would love for him to do it. He is one of my favorite actors. I doubt that he would take the role even if offered.

I don't know Murphy is from Ireland which means he can work at home, I also consider Sean Bean to a much bigger name.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:14 pm

HBO has pulled the finale to Game of Thrones season one from On Demand and HBO Go, as well as ceased production on season one DVDs and Blu-rays in the wake of the Bush-head-on-a-spike “scandal”. So if you are planning on catching up with the series right now, best to wait until the episode re-appears with the offending noggin removed.

Earlier, HBO apologized for the incident, saying, “We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste. We made this clear to the executive producers of the series who apologized immediately for this inadvertent careless mistake. We are sorry this happened and will have it removed from any future DVD production.”

Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, who pointed out the head in the commentary to episode 10, “Fire and Blood”, said this in a statement, “We use a lot of prosthetic body parts on the show: heads, arms, etc. We can’t afford to have these all made from scratch, especially in scenes where we need a lot of them, so we rent them in bulk. After the scene was already shot, someone pointed out that one of the heads looked like George W. Bush.

In the DVD commentary, we mentioned this, though we should not have. We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologize if anything we said or did suggested otherwise.”

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/06/hbo-pulls-episode-in-wake-of-bush-head-flap/#comment-195925

No

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:13 pm

If I start reading this thread is there stuff that spoils what's going to happen? I'm not reading the books...
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Gumby wrote:If I start reading this thread is there stuff that spoils what's going to happen? I'm not reading the books...

Yes, please read the books. You wont regret it.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Gumby wrote:If I start reading this thread is there stuff that spoils what's going to happen? I'm not reading the books...

I'd avoid it untill you've at least seen the two seasons.

And yeah the books are magical, read them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Natalia Tena on her nude scene.

“I was a bit upset about the fact that they showed my minge without hair because I think my character would have a massive bush,” she said. “I would have muff, like a muff coming down the thighs.”

Laughing lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 25 Tumblr_m6cayjTQMZ1r9h4heo1_500

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 pm

back kept me from sitting for 3 days this week. so no work. laying on my stomach lit up with muscle relaxers and pain killers.

finally had time and read about 710 pages of first game of thrones book. better than the show. both are damn good but I think the book is better. at times during first (and especially 2nd season-even though I haven't read the book), things seem rushed to me.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 am

captainanddew wrote:back kept me from sitting for 3 days this week. so no work. laying on my stomach lit up with muscle relaxers and pain killers.

finally had time and read about 710 pages of first game of thrones book. better than the show. both are damn good but I think the book is better. at times during first (and especially 2nd season-even though I haven't read the book), things seem rushed to me.

The books are definitely better and more rewarding than the show, the first series is a really good adaptation, there's only a couple things they left out or changed. You'll notice a big change during season 2/A Clash Of Kings.

The first season to me didn't feel that rushed but the second season did feel a bit hasty, it's the insistance on ten episodes that's effected the pace. Hopefully splitting A Storm Of Swords into two seasons will help.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:25 pm

read the first book. Onto the second book. just in the first 1/10th of the book I can see the show is going to stray a little bit further from the book in season 2 than it did in season 1.

Question: How many fucking times does he have to note that Tyrion waddles??? For fucksake. We get it. He is a damn dwarf. Anyone that read the first book doesn't need you to point out that he waddles every damn chapter of his. Just a pet peeve of mine.

First book; best chapters-all Tyrion or Jon. As for Sansa, I don't like her on the show. I don't like her chapters in the book. I really just can't stand her and don't find her interesting.

As for Daenerys's chapters; I'm bored, just like I'm bored most of the time on the show that they are dealing with her. I just don't find her story that interesting. Maybe it is just me.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:read the first book. Onto the second book. just in the first 1/10th of the book I can see the show is going to stray a little bit further from the book in season 2 than it did in season 1.

Question: How many fucking times does he have to note that Tyrion waddles??? For fucksake. We get it. He is a damn dwarf. Anyone that read the first book doesn't need you to point out that he waddles every damn chapter of his. Just a pet peeve of mine.

First book; best chapters-all Tyrion or Jon. As for Sansa, I don't like her on the show. I don't like her chapters in the book. I really just can't stand her and don't find her interesting.

As for Daenerys's chapters; I'm bored, just like I'm bored most of the time on the show that they are dealing with her. I just don't find her story that interesting. Maybe it is just me.

Dany's chapters get better in A Storm of Swords, she really doesn't feature that much in ACOK.

Sansa's worse in the book than she is in the show, I tolerate her in the show because Sophie Turner is gorgeous.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Alot of casting news for season 3 !!!

No well known actors but for those who've seen Rome you may recognize Tobias Menzies who played Brutus.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/season-three-casting-announced/#comment-202096

Last edited by Ali on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Oh yeah you'll probably recognize McKenzie Crook from the original Office and Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm

diana rigg. she is old as dirt now.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:diana rigg. she is old as dirt now.

So is The Queen Of Thorns !

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Almost forgot season 3 will debut March 31st 2013 !!!

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/season-three-to-premiere-on-march-31-2013/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next