The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MLS to become 4th most popular league in USA, passing NHL

4 posters

Go down

MLS to become 4th most popular league in USA, passing NHL Empty Re: MLS to become 4th most popular league in USA, passing NHL

Post  Soonermark890 Sun May 22, 2011 1:03 pm

What about UFC? Where are they ranked on that list or are they ranked?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

MLS to become 4th most popular league in USA, passing NHL Empty Re: MLS to become 4th most popular league in USA, passing NHL

Post  captainanddew Mon May 23, 2011 9:53 pm

I watch some MLS games, but as a guy who played through college, I'd much rather watch European leagues, especially, Premiership and la liga.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon May 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Most of the soccer fans I know watch either the Premier League or La Liga. Most of the mexican fans I know watch either the Mexican league or La Liga. The MLS will grow, but I don't think the huge Latino population numbers will put it to the top. But i'm all for more soccer.

Hockey has declined in popularity HUGE under Gary Bettman. It still does well in certain markets, but I think that year off really damaged it big time. Makes you wonder if the old conspiracy theories of David Stern recommending him to NHL so he'd screw it up are true.

And the UFC is not about TV, it's ALL about the PPV/live gate/DVD sales. Although the huge boost it recieved back in '04 wouldn't have happened without TUF.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 26, 2011 11:09 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Most of the soccer fans I know watch either the Premier League or La Liga. Most of the mexican fans I know watch either the Mexican league or La Liga. The MLS will grow, but I don't think the huge Latino population numbers will put it to the top. But i'm all for more soccer.

Hockey has declined in popularity HUGE under Gary Bettman. It still does well in certain markets, but I think that year off really damaged it big time. Makes you wonder if the old conspiracy theories of David Stern recommending him to NHL so he'd screw it up are true.

And the UFC is not about TV, it's ALL about the PPV/live gate/DVD sales. Although the huge boost it recieved back in '04 wouldn't have happened without TUF.

I'll watch Mexico's top league. I have a couple of spanish stations and they'll show a game on Saturday evening or Sunday.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu May 26, 2011 11:53 pm

I may catch a mexican game on Fox Deportes or the other channels, especially if i'm off on the weekend and can chill at home with a beer.

I actually get GOL TV which features games from Germany, Spain, Italy and France but also lower league games (#2 leagues, Brazil, Columbia)
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down